The IT Operations Specialist is responsible for delivery of world-class customer support and service in the maintenance and repair of desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. The person in this role supports the troubleshooting and maintenance of core infrastructure, assists in the ramp activity of new and existing business, and champions the relationships between the IT department and our Service Delivery programs. This role will be in support of contact center employees. The ideal candidate will use the guidance of company policy, information security, IT department leadership and professional experience to creatively deliver support and solutions to our user base, while providing a positive customer experience. The position reports to the Site Associate Manager, and may require travel as needed at direction of supervisor & leadership, with flexibility in hours worked.
As part of this role, the Operations Specialist:
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs desktop and laptop computer systems, computer peripherals and various mobile devices (phones and tablets) running Android, Apple and Microsoft operating systems
- Documents, maintains, repairs, upgrades or replaces hardware and software for laptop and desktop systems
- Supports and troubleshoots user account information including rights, security, user groups, and email accounts
- Assists SMEs, Technical Communications Officers, and all functional IT groups in the build-out, ongoing support, critical incidents, and ramp down of all Service Delivery programs in the site and organization, as well as some corporate employee and remote support
- Works alongside service delivery, and other IT team members, to move/add/change service delivery programs, and constantly investigate into process improvement opportunities
Our most successful candidates will have:
- Computer science or related degree(s)
- A+ certification
- Additional certifications or experience in SCCM, VMWare, Active Directory, Exchange, Network +, various imaging platforms, desktop/image engineering, project management, ITIL Foundation, scripting/batch files and PowerShell
- No less than three years of practical experience supporting corporate technology infrastructure, with working knowledge of concepts such as DNS, DHCP, GPO and various network troubleshooting tools.