Dimension & Scope:
This position is responsible for providing a full range of accounting services for a large oil & gas company specializing in Hydrocarbon Management. This position will supervise a functional team within the accounting group that specializes in the Hydrocarbon Management accounting processes and financial reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision of a US-based team performing the finance and accounting functions for a client in the Hydrocarbon Management sector of the petroleum industry.
- Design and implement accounting processes and systems
- Prepare complex financial statements and analyses
- Ensure compliance with client policies and procedures
- Establish priorities based upon client needs and availability of resources
- Perform status reporting to client and management
- Provide developmental on the job training/cross training for employees
- Establish and monitor required deadlines and milestones
- Meet all deadlines as established
- Supervises the staff performing hydrocarbon management processes consisting of financial reporting, recording contracts for purchases and sales of stock, recording stock movements, stock reconciliations, invoicing for stock sales and payments for stock purchases, through to stock valuation.
- Responsible for day-to-day functional supervision of non-exempt work group, including work assignment and attendance monitoring; providing input into selecting, training, developing, and completing performance appraisal of work group(s) in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable legal requirements.
Education & Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university with 5+ years related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License preferred
- Previous hydrocarbon management accounting experience required.
- SAP & Right Angle software experience a strong plus.
- Must have proficiency with various software applications programs including Microsoft Word, and Excel as well as working knowledge of financial systems.
- Good grasp of fundamental accounting concepts and ability to apply that knowledge
- Knowledge/experience in the application of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong customer service orientation as demonstrated in previous relevant roles.
- Ability to manage relationships with employees and staff within the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to review financial data and produce reports and statements that meet company standards.
- Initiative to take ownership of business unit accounting work to allow financial analysts to focus on providing financial support to business.
- Preference for working in a service-oriented environment where continuous improvement of business processes is expected.
- Some travel is required