Sutherland is now searching for a Insurance Licensing Specialist in Las Vegas, NV to join our team of Insurance professionals.
- Manage and review the background verifications for insurance agents and recommend next steps.
- Validate insurance license(s) are in good order; assist with fraternal licensing process as needed.
- Submit, manage and maintain company appointment request(s) ensuring compliance with state requirements and firm policy.
- Provide notice, advice and consult with individuals who are out of compliance with requirements to determine solution and/or appropriate direction to move forward.
- Maintain a process, record and schedule agents ongoing continuing education, renewal licenses and all licensing appointments ensuring compliance with state requirements.
- Problem Solving Requirements:
- Problems are varied but similar; may require some clarifications; use of basic fact finding and/or analytical techniques; selects best option from defined procedures/precedence.
- Decision Making/Impact:
- Coordinate and collect required court documents to satisfy state requests and background verification. Results may be somewhat subjective which may require further analysis by committee and/or up-line leaders.
- Analyze sensitive and confidential information to recommend approval or denial to move forward in process based on firm policy/regulatory standards.
- Well-developed decision making and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage numerous complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Recommend courses of action and/or process improvements to management.
Our most successful candidates will have:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Generally 2-3 years of industry experience
- Knowledge of background reviews, insurance licensing preferred
- Ability to explain complex requirements in a straight-forward manner
- Ability to learn difficult and complex variations to workflow quickly with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working in a fast paced, ever changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Strong organization and time management
- Attention to detail and process oriented