Dimension & Scope:
This position is responsible for providing a full range of accounting support for a large oil and gas company. The incumbent will be responsible for producing financial statements and for working closely with transaction processing staff on finance/accounting matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with accounting team to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports/statements
- Analyzes income statement accounts and reconciles balance sheet accounts monthly
- Reviews general ledger accounts, identifies issues, and makes recommendations
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and yearly schedules for management personnel, external auditors, and SEC reporting
- Collaborates with business units to develop division budgets and records in financial system
- Prepares monthly journal entries
- Works with Manager, peers and staff in the development of a customer-centered work group
- Executes mechanisms to measure customer satisfaction and works with Manager and staff to improve overall levels of customer service.
Education & Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university with 0-3 years related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous hydrocarbon management accounting experience preferred
- Must have proficiency with various software applications programs including Microsoft Word, and Excel as well as working knowledge of financial systems.
- Good grasp of fundamental accounting concepts and ability to apply that knowledge
- Knowledge/experience in the application of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong customer service orientation as demonstrated in previous relevant roles
- Ability to manage relationships with employees and staff within the organization
- Demonstrated analytical skills to review financial data and produce reports and statements that meet company standards
- Initiative to take ownership of business unit accounting work to allow financial analysts to focus on providing financial support to business
- Preference for working in a service-oriented environment where continuous improvement of business processes is expected
- Some travel is required