Sutherland is a process transformation company focused on helping companies rethink the way business gets done. Whether transforming your financial processes, applying analytics to customer care, or leveraging experience design to build a customer journey map, we are experts in reengineering process.
We design exceptional customer experiences for the digital age, by deconstructing your business processes, rethinking, rebuilding, and delivering them back smarter, more efficient and more effective than before.
We're the people behind the screens, the clicks, the voice commands and all the points in-between where customers connect with your business. At Sutherland, we're where people and process come together.
Title: Finance Controller – Jamaica/LATAM
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Financial Controller (FC) provides finance leadership at the country level and provides operational and programmatic support to the organization. This position reports into VP Global Business Finance and assists the Country business leadership in all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to compliances, budget management, periodic book close, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, working capital management, and business expansion both existing and new across the Country. In addition, he/she shall manage other related subsidiaries of the parent company.
1. Engage with Sutherland leadership both at the Country and US HQ levels on various strategic and tactical initiatives including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationship at various layers.
2. Diligently manage all the day to day finance and accounting activities and ensure accurate recording and closing of books in accordance with global and country specific calendars.
3. Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures in so far as applicable to all financial and non-financial transactions.
4. Participate and contribute in annual business plan exercises.
5. Lead and drive various finance related projects.
6. Responsible for all financial audit both internal, external and Sox.
7. Work closely with tax team and efficiently handle all tax matters.
8. Oversee and ensure timely compliance to all corporate statutory requirements.
9. Work with legal and secretarial teams in ensuring compliance to all secretarial requirements of the entities.
10. Oversee payroll activities and ensure error free payroll for a large employee base.
11. Work in close coordination with Global Financial Shared Services team and oversee AP, AR functions with a specific thrust to reduce and optimize DSO.
12. Work in close coordination with treasury team and ensure timely availability of working capital to meet the organization’s working capital needs.
13. Work closely with enterprise legal team in ensuring legal compliances across reporting countries are maintained, ensure fiscal incentives of respective Export Processing Zones wherever applicable are received in time.
14. Serve as one of the trustees and oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization's savings and Retirement Plan.
15. Identify and drive cost reduction programmes with a view to achieve optimum cost structure.
16. Oversee the timely recording and be custodian of the inventory of all fixed assets at different locations.
1. 17. Assist in pricing and business planning activities relating to all business expansions.
2. 18. Be a strong motivator and constantly develop and nurture finance team by incorporating training and career development programs.
3. 19. Foster and inculcate a culture of strong team play and business partnering in supporting business in every possible way.
REQUIRED SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Person of high integrity, ethics, moral and value driven.
· Mature person with eye for details
· Ability to work under pressure and stick to tight timelines.
· Excellent communicator both oral and written.
· Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all stakeholders of the organization both external and internal.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
· Qualified Chartered/Cost Accountant, US CPA with hands on working knowledge US GAAP with international exposure.
- The Controllership/Head of Finance.
- Should be hands on and should have experience handling overseas subsidiaries
- 10+ years of industry finance and accounting management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of a large multinational corporation preferably in IT/ITES domain.
- Hands on working experience in any ERP package is mandatory. Peoplesoft experience will be a preferred.