Sutherland is seeking a reliable and organized person to join us as a HR Generalist. We are a group of energetic and driven individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
HR Generalists in this role get to:
- Shape workplace culture: Offer support, boost engagement, and inspire positive attitudes; promote our Extra Mile and Platinum Awards programs
- Take the lead: Establish and execute HR strategies to address challenges with performance and employee retention and engagement
- Keep Sutherland aligned: Report, maintain and monitor all workers' compensation case files; follow-up on open cases
- Promote an open-door policy: Remain available to the team and encourage a collaborative environment
- Strengthen relationships: Create sustainable solutions to individual employee challenges
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations
- Analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Respond to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Facilitate or provide training (including orientation) to the workforce
- Respond to all EEOC charges
- Manage and track all employee disciplinary action
- Coach, counsel and guide managers before executing employee disciplinary actions
- Maintain and process all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attend unemployment hearings when necessary
- Assist with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Act as an employee relations specialist.
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audit Forms I-9.
- Distribute and monitor employee performance evaluations and ensure they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
Experience Requirements: Knowledge of human resource functions, business management and strategy, workforce planning and employment, benefits, and employee relations and risk management
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be able to work in MS Office
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate in a clear, constructive, and professional manner
- Be pro-active in developing trust and professional rapport with employees and team members; able to be a team-player