Do you have a passion for social media? Are your communication skills top notch? Are you experienced with moderating multiple social platforms?
If so, we need you!
Please note that this position is temporary and 100% work-from-home to the right candidate in the greater San Diego, California or Rochester, New York area. Candidates outside of those areas are not eligible to apply.
Sutherland’s Work-At-Home Social Communities and Content team is looking for an Online Community Representative to help manage and moderate our on-domain and off-domain communities. The Online Community Representative will work closely with the Online Community Manager, focusing primarily on providing superior social support and implementing community related content for the organization.
Your main job responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day moderation of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, Google +, Yelp, our onsite community, and anywhere our client has or develops a social presence
- Identify potential social media influencer partnerships
- Report potential issues, risks, and concerns that arise socially
- Work with internal stake holders to improve the flow of information/content
- Assist Community Manager with contests and prize fulfillment
- Request updates to social documentation as needed
- Management of our Tribal Knowledge Base articles
- Triaging of customer support level inquiries
This position requires a high
level of dedication and flexibility, as with most things on the internet,
adaptability and quick thinking are crucial to the health of online
communities. You may be asked, at any time, to jump online for off-hour
assistance. As a Community Representative you can expect to be the first line
of defense for most issues that arise, which means, the ideal candidate will
need to maintain a thick skin and a professional, but neutral, stance when
To be eligible for this position, you need:
- A home office in the greater area of San Diego, California or the greater area of Rochester, New York
- A high school diploma or GED
- Basic PC keyboarding skills, basic Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field such as online moderation, social media, or customer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen ability to problem solve and think on your toes
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Some knowledge of social media analysis tools (i.e. Radian6, Oracle SM)
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Meticulous attention to detail
Working from home is easiest when you are equipped with everything that you need! You must have:
Excellent Internet connectivity:
Access speeds of 1 Mbps upload and 5 Mbps download – the faster the better!
*Wireless and/or satellite Internet Service Providers are not compatible with our systems.
Productive work environment:
In-house network, and a hard-wired Internet connection capable of continuously supporting outstanding call quality and high-speed response rates.
A quiet and distraction-free, secure place to work.
A computer with:
1.6 Ghz Dual Core processor (the faster the processing environment, the better)
2 GB RAM
10 GB available hard drive space
One or more available USB ports (2.0 or greater)
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
Sutherland is a drug free workplace, including our work-from-home positions.