Job ID / Title:
Associate Manager, Global Data Centers
Sutherland is seeking a Manager of Data Center Operations to help maintain the operational standards from the ground up. This will include documentation, creation of policy’s & procedures, Audits, Disaster Recovery, Audits and more.
As a Manager of Data Center Operation, you get to
- act as a technical lead for a group of systems and support engineers with the opportunity to further grow their leadership responsibilities.
- be responsible for a 24 hour day-to-day data center operations with duties to include managing the data center’s scheduling and workload
- oversee the data center’s electrical, mechanical infrastructure, security, and fire suppression systems.
Our most successful candidates have:
- 5+ years in Data Center Operations
- Extensive experience with creating data center/corporate infrastructure policy
- Hands on and leadership experience with managing multiple data centers
- Knowledge of security management, security, audits etc.
- IT & Project Governance
- Technical/Team Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Networking, Computer Science or related is required
- a strong understanding of single and three phase power.
- the ability work around 120V to 480V environments safely.
- basic electrical trouble shooting skills and be able to effectively identify problems and come to a fast effective solution.
- the ability to establish electrical load thresholds and have the technical skills to monitor and keep all critical loads within their thresholds.
- Understand branch circuit monitoring and be able to interpret load levels.
- familiarity with Building Management Systems and have some experience with a BMS.
- a strong understanding of downstream and upstream electrical systems.
- a strong understanding of HVAC systems, Air Handlers, and assorted rooftop equipment.
- the ability to balance air flow and air distribution.
- a strong understanding of all HVAC maintenance.
- familiarity with basic cold aisle hot aisle containment systems.
- ability coordinate maintenance with both professional service providers and clients.
- Familiarity with security and fire systems
- Experience with water systems including internal and external systems