Dimension & Scope:
This position supervises a functional area of accounting of a specific real estate client within the FTP business unit. This individual works closely with the client daily; ensuring their requirements are met. Incumbent is responsible for the day to day activities within their groups; providing overall direction; coordination; and evaluation of accountants and senior accountants.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement accounting processes and systems
- Prepare complex financial statements and analyses
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and journal entries, as well as review of accountants bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Prepares consolidated financial statements and investor reports
- Ensure compliance with client policies and procedures
- Establish priorities based upon client needs and availability of resources
- Perform status reporting to client and management
- Provide developmental on the job training/cross training for employees
- Establish and monitor required deadlines and milestones
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Meet all deadlines as established
- Responsible for day-to-day functional supervision of accounting work group, including work assignment and attendance monitoring; providing input into selecting, training, developing, and completing performance appraisal of work group(s) in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable legal requirements.
Education & Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university with 5+ years related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License a plus
- Previous experience supervising general accounting functions in a shared services environment preferred.
- Must have proficiency with various software applications programs including Microsoft Word, and Excel as well as working knowledge of financial systems.
- Knowledge of the corporation’s business and organization, its customers and vendors.
- Strong customer-service orientation as demonstrated in previous relevant roles.
- Ability to manage relationships with employees in and outside of the organization.
- Exceptional analytical skills to identify problems in business processes and to develop workable solutions that have cross-functional impact.
- Leadership skills to motivate staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills; detail oriented