Provide professional presentations over the phone to sell Life insurance to existing customers of Fortune 500 Insurance Companies. This is accomplished by communicating value propositions, gathering pertinent information necessary to quote, thoroughly answering questions, setting proper expectations regarding the product and sales process, responding to customer objections, and closing the sale using the insurance carrier’s rating and issuance systems. Success is measured by monthly sales, quality score, cancellation rate, and productivity percentage.
Note! This position is full-time and 100% work-from-home. It is only available to eligible residents of the contiguous United States who have an active Life & Health insurance license.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive inbound phone calls from prospects and use assumptive sales techniques to enroll them in one or more of the client’s insurance products.
- Make outbound phone calls to prospects and use assumptive, effective sales techniques to enroll them in one or more of the client’s insurance products (when applicable).
- Determines eligibility
- Build relationship and establish rapport with caller to gain trust
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities
- Manage prospect follow-up calls to ensure timely responses
- Utilize effective salesmanship and excellent customer service skills on all inbound and outbound calls
- Gather all required data necessary to sell insurance products to prospects
- Explain the sales and issuance process and insurance products
- Accurately process application/ information in Sutherland and the client’s sales and customer systems
- Accurately track and record outcome of calls
- Accurately track and record customer issues/inquiries for follow up
- Escalate issues to program manager as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in written and spoken English (and Spanish where applicable) language clearly and audibly using correct grammar required
- Life and Health Insurance License in resident state
- Minimum one year previous customer service/sales experience required and/or 2 years call center experience required
- High school diploma
- 1 year of post-secondary education required and/or 2 years continuous active Life and Health License
- High level of accuracy when completing tasks
- Proficient PC skills
- Typing skills of 30+ WPM with 90% accuracy required
- ASG test/ competitive score of 90 or above
- Track record for achieving sales results
- Action oriented, takes initiative, and seizes opportunities when they arise. Ability to implement defined objectives and act independently as required
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to overcome customer objections
- Proven time management skills
- Previous work experience with electronic documentation management, understanding of workflows and Microsoft Products (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows Explorer)
- Ability to manage multiple software applications and document customer records at the same time
- Prior experience and/or knowledge of Medicare or medical terminology preferred
- Prior experience in the health care/insurance industry preferred.
- An enthusiastic and vibrant personality, as well as Professional appearance, dependability and flexibility required.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, listening, and interpersonal skills required.
Working from home is easiest when you are equipped with everything that you need! You must have:
- Excellent Internet connectivity:
- Access speeds of 1 Mbps upload and 5 Mbps download – the faster the better!
- *Wireless and/or satellite Internet Service Providers are not compatible with our systems.
- Productive work environment:
- In-house network, and a hard-wired Internet connection capable of continuously supporting outstanding call quality and high-speed response rates.
- A quiet and distraction-free, secure place to work.
- A computer with:
- 1.6 Ghz Dual Core processor (the faster the processing environment, the better)
- 2 GB RAM
- 10 GB available hard drive space
- One or more available USB ports (2.0 or greater)
- Sound/audio support
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- A headset that is/has:
- Dual ear
- Noise-cancelling microphone
- *Preferred: Logitech USB H570e, Jabra UC Voice 150, or Microsoft Life Chat LX-6000 for Business
Sutherland is a drug free workplace, including our work-from-home positions.