SUTHERLAND HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS OVERVIEW
Sutherland Healthcare Solutions is a leading provider of revenue cycle management solutions to the healthcare industry. Our solutions encompass a comprehensive suite of platform enabled back-office services that span the hospital revenue cycle workflow from patient admission, charge capture, claims processing and receivables management. We collaborate with healthcare providers and payers utilizing a unique and flexible blended shore approach. Our solutions are focused on increasing the operating margins and cash flow generation of our healthcare clients by deploying efficient business processes, proprietary re-engineering methodologies and technology enabled automation.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Self Pay Collector is responsible for a variety of functions: the follow-up of accounts receivable and collections; these include, but are not limited to reimbursement, cash and denial application of assigned third party accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Responsible for timely follow up on patient balances.
- · Take inbound calls from patients, insurance & other third party businesses.
- · Make outbound calls to patients & Insurance carriers regarding outstanding balances.
- · Understand payer contracts, rules and regulations.
- · Understand and apply all client policies on billing & coding.
- · Review claim denials, rejections and take appropriate action.
- · Communicate issues and offer suggestions to Management for process improvements.
- · Understand and apply federal and state rules and regulations.
- · Perform all tasks in accordance with the RCMS Best Practice model.
- · Document account activity in the Patient Accounting system.
- · Perform other duties as assigned.
- · Clerical functions including scanning, copying, faxing, and filing.
- · High School diploma or GED required.
- · 1-2 years’ work related experience would be an added advantage but not required.
- · Excellent communication skills required.
- · Must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously with outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- · Ability to develop relationships at all levels and work positively and productively in fast-paced environment not just within the company but with clients as well.
- · Ability to adapt to change, organize and prioritize multiple projects, activities and deadlines.
- · Must be able to use computer and basic applications like Word, Excel & Outlook. (If not training will be provided)
- · Must abide by all internal company policies, HIPPA & all other state and federal regulations.
- · Professional certification like CPAT is an added advantage but not required
- · Hospital/Physician experience is an added advantage but not required
- · SMS Invision, I-series, Meditech experience is an added advantage but not required