Sutherland is seeking a dynamic,hardworking person to join us as a Senior Associate - Oracle Database Support. As an Associate -you will be responsible for overseeing the administration of large customer Oracle database in Linux environment. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Interface with Oracle corporation for technical support.
- Patch management and version control
- Provide a strategic database direction for the organization
Education Requirements: Any Graduate/BE/B. Tech.
Certification Requirements: Oracle Certification (OCA or OCP) must.
Experience Requirements: 1-2 years; Oracle Database Administration experience
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Have knowledge of Linux operating system
- Have a good understanding of the underlying operating system
- Have good knowledge of the physical database design
- Have ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring
- Have knowledge to apply Oracle Bug and Fix patches
- Have knowledge to raise SR (Service Request) with Oracle Support
- Have knowledge of all Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Have a good knowledge of Oracle security management
- Have good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources
- Have good knowledge of Oracle data integrity
- Have sound knowledge of the implemented application systems
- Have sound knowledge of both database and system performance tuning
- Have ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Have a sound understanding of the business