Job ID / Title:
Sutherland is seeking a strong strategic leader to join us as an HR Manager for our Las Vegas facility. We are a group of energetic and driven individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the HR leadership skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
HR Managers in this role get to:
- Shape the workplace culture: offer support, boost engagement and inspire positive attitudes
- Take the lead - establish and execute HR strategies to address challenges with performance and employee retention and engagement
- Keep Sutherland aligned – oversee the reporting, maintaining and monitor of all workers' compensation case files (ensure team is following up on open cases as well)
- Promote an open-door policy: remain available to the team and encourage a collaborative environment
- Strengthen relationships: create sustainable solutions to individual employee challenges
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations
- Analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Respond to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Facilitate or provide training (including orientation) to the workforce
- Manage responses to all EEOC charges
- Manage and track all employee disciplinary action
- Coach, counsel and guide managers before executing employee disciplinary actions
- Maintain and process all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attend unemployment hearings when necessary
- Assist with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Act as an employee relations leader
- Oversee the maintenance of employee personnel files
- Oversee compliance of USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audit Forms I-9.
- Distribute and monitor employee performance evaluations and ensure they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
End-to-end knowledge of critical human resource functions - business management & strategy, workforce planning & employment, benefits, employee relations & risk management
7-10 years’ experience in the HR field or any similar combination of education and experience. 3-5 years must be in a HR supervisory role, managing a team of HR professionals.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate in a clear, constructive, and professional manner
- Proactive in developing trust and professional rapport with employees and HR team members