Sutherland is now hiring for IT Help Desk Technicians. If you are looking for a career that revolves around identifying, organizing, and taking action, we can’t wait to meet you!
Our technical support consultants get to:
- use their outstanding technical skills to make a difference for end-users
- demonstrate their organizational skills by reviewing, prioritizing, and taking ownership of customer-generated tickets
- showcase their analytical skills by identifying trends and patterns in reported issues to create far-reaching solutions
- join a supportive team environment where collaboration is critical to providing the best experience for our customers
- assist multiple programs in supporting enterprise applications
- Continuously learn new skills and technologies to act as a rapid response team.
- Associate’s Degree or related experience in technical field preferred (high school education required).
- Working knowledge of Windows or Linux
- Ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools
- Strong focus on a positive customer experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize issues
- Phone and email support
- Troubleshooting hardware or software
- Customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Documentation and research
- Desire to learn
Desired Skills (nice to have but not necessary):
- Linux/UNIX command line knowledge or equivalent
- Understanding of Internet technologies including: HTML, internet protocols, DNS, networking, Java/JS, Internet Security
- Networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, Network Connectivity, DNS)
- Databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- SSH and remote desktop
- Working knowledge of system administration principles (log files, viewing system resources, hardware/software terminology)
The Center of Excellence consultant will play an integral role in the success of our Enterprise Support teams. They will be responsible for:
- Managing resolution of technical issues for a distinct set of customers. Customers are system administrators who provide mission critical services via E-Learning, Email Security, and other applications to students, faculty, and employees at a wide variety of learning institutions and businesses.
- Troubleshooting complex applications which requires a broad range of skills related to: software functionality, application server setup and configuration, database management, data analysis, log file analysis, operating system configuration, performance, installation and upgrades, and e-mail security.
- Continual learning through in-house and self-paced training.
- Providing world-class customer experience management through excellent professional communication, responsive follow-up, and advocacy for customer issues within internal departments.
- Managing and prioritizing a queue of numerous issues ranging in severity and priority levels. Service levels and responsiveness will be measured and the consultant will be accountable for appropriately updating and owning all issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborating extensively with peers, internal departments, and management to resolve customer issues while actively contributing to growing our knowledge base.