Sutherland is searching for an Accountant / Cash Manager in our Mortgage Services department.
Mission for the Job/Overview
To provide a National Loan Servicing Support program with accounting expertise to oversee the integrity of the Loan Processing Transactions
Cash Management and Payment Processing: maintain processes and controls for incoming and outgoing cash payments. Prepares and reconciles daily account reports of all collections back to the bank account deposit, then allocation between the P&I and T&I trust accounts and identification, research and resolution of all unidentified collections.
Disbursements: Maintain processes and controls for disbursements from escrow accounts held for each loan. Control the check stock, the printing of checks and the signature of checks that are issued. Produce daily reports reconciling all disbursement activity.
Other Responsibilities: Support the Sr. Cash Manager with other accounting duties as assigned.
Our most successful candidates will have:
- Licensed CPA with two years of experience relating to cash disbursements and receipts associated with mortgage loans and performing reconciliations for a variety of general ledger transactions.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to adapt to quick changing environment and multi task
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance guidelines as they relate to servicing loans
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage a varied workload
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with exceptional customer service communication
- Ability to achieve goals; project management and action plans
- Effective communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or in depth experience in technical discipline (Required)
- Master’s degree (Preferred)